Code Of Conduct
Maintaining and enhancing the reputation of the Beaumaris Motor Yacht Squadron is the highest priority for the Board of Directors.
Membership of the Beaumaris Motor Yacht Squadron is a privilege that carries the responsibility to uphold our standing within the community at every opportunity and not to engage in conduct that brings the Club and other members into disrepute or is contrary the Constitution and By-Laws of BMYS.
All members of the Beaumaris Motor Yacht Squadron have a duty to:
- ensure the reputation and standing of BMYS
- treat other members, guests, staff and other patrons fairly, equally, with respect and courtesy,
free from all forms of harassment and discrimination.
- ensure health, safety and comfort of staff employed at BMYS
- protect the physical property and facilities provided by BMYS
- render assistance to fellow members and visitors in need.
Members and visitors shall not engage in conduct that:
- breaches acceptable standards of public behaviour
- jeopardises the health and safety of members, staff and other visitors
- causes offence to members, staff and visitors
- lessens the enjoyment of members, staff and visitors
- damages, destroys, or lessens the value of BMYS assets
- damages, destroys, or lessens the value of property owned by other Club members
The inappropriate behaviour of any members or their guests will be investigated and may be subject to disciplinary action which may include a reprimand, suspension or revocation of membership.